Re: I need tires

To: ptroot@iaces.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I need tires
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:32:58 EDT
Paul,
You neglected to say what type of rims you had on your car, but I recently
mounted Yokohama Avid T4's on a set of 14" mini-lite replicas.  They seemed a
reasonable deal from Discount Tire Direct with free shipping for $48 dollars
each.  They are 185/70R14's and fit just fine.  That size is almost the same
circumference as 165R14's so there is little speedometer error (assuming it's
accurate in the first place).

The Kumhos get high user ratings at Tire Rack, but you might want to look at
them in person.  Seems to me I read a post stating the tread patterns varied
with the width of the tire did.  Something to the effect that the described
"continuous center rib" was missing on all but the largest (200+) sizes.

The Sumitomos looks nice too, but get varied reviews from users.  I thought
the Yokohamas got the best overall reviews.  Unfortunately, no one driving an
MGB happened to be reviewing them!

Hope that helps!
Donny V
78 MGB

In a message dated 6/17/2004 4:39:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,