Original Tires (1980)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Original Tires (1980)
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:06:38 -0400
Listers,

  Can anyone tell me what tires were originally delivered
on the MGBs in 1980 ?   The reason that I ask is that I
believe that I have the original documents for my car and
it appears that it may have been delivered in 1980 with
Mitchelin XRX 175-70's   Is this possible?

   Second question:  Do tires carry a date code?

The reason for the questions?   I **may** have the original
tires on my car.  Even though there is only 32k miles on
them, and the tread is in great shape, it may be time to
replace them especially given the postings about tire
failures and age.   Hmm  **only **   24 years old.

Thank,

   Gene Balinski
         80 B
http://www.nni.com/