RE: Value: Midget vs. B

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Value: Midget vs. B
From: "Richard Rivenbark" <rrivenbark@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:29:49 -0400
Maybe we Midget owners recognize the superior handling qualities of the
Midgets vs B's. :)

Tad
74 RWA Midget
69 MGC-GT

Well, they made more B's in total, but as a larger, more expensive vehicle
to begin with, all other things being equal, they should still be worth
more. Maybe it's just that Midget sellers are more ignorant...<g>.

[flame suit on]

on 6/25/04 7:54 PM, Kevin Smith at ksmith40@earthlink.net wrote:

> In the lists opinion, If I found two equally original cars both from
> any given year, one a Midget, the other a B, which would have the
> greater value?  Now, I'm not talking about "special" versions of cars,
> or ultra rare stuff, just regular cars.
>
> I've just found that folks selling rusty Midgets seem to think they're
> holding gold, while folks selling rusty B's generally tend to price
> accordingly.
>
> Kevin
> '68 B

PS:  If you are talking about bugeye Sprites, that's another story --
Austin-Healey name plus limited production really does equal gold.