RE: weird timing

To: "mg listserve" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: weird timing
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:21:05 -0400
Thanks for all of the replies.  I've gotta believe that the orientation of
the inductive clamp over the #1 wire in close proximity to the alternator
caused the erroneous readings.  IIRC, we hooked up each timing light in the
same manner yesterday and the only difference with my connection today was
the inductive clamp...it was further down the #1 wire and away from the
alternator...well, there's another theory shot to h*ll!  I just tried
connecting the timing light in every conceivable orientation and still got
perfect readings.  Yesterday myself and a friend used 3 different timing
lights and all had erroneous readings (although consistant amongst the
three) and we hadn't been drinking!
I guess I'll just chalk it up to Lucas weirdness!
Thanks again all...
Gordie