Re: Steering Wheel for '66B

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel for '66B
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:36:40 EDT
In a message dated 7/2/2004 11:02:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
d_dibiase@yahoo.com writes:

The steering wheel on my '65 B has one area where it the rim has separated
from itself - almost like it shrunk.... I intend to fill it in with epoxy and
then use a thin black leather cover, like the MGC had. I personally love the
banjo style, but if I had to go with another type would do the 'Les Leston'
(sic?) style that came on the MGB GT Specials.....

I have one of the wheels your talking about above, originally standard issue
on the MGB Specials....its a damned nice wheel in the Les Leston style....I am
using it on my 62 MGA roadster....it works perfectly without any modification
(evidently the steering shaft on the early MGB's was the same as the "A"). I
have included a photo of it for anyone that might like to see what they look
like. I got this wheel on Ebay for $100 with the original center. Its in
excellent condition....all I had to do to it was polish it a little before
installation. I like it not only for its cosmetics, but its a little smaller
than the
original "banjo" wheel. And for us bigger guys that means more room to fit the
old "beer belly" behind the wheel ! Have a good 4th of July
holiday...........Bill in Missouri

Photo here:     _http://www.members.aol.com/mgaluvr/hoy.jpg_
(http://www.members.aol.com/mgaluvr/hoy.jpg)