RE: freeze plug leak

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: freeze plug leak
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 13:51:58 -0600
David, I am assuming you are referring to the freeze plugs.

I had a freeze plug leak at a race.  Since a quick fix was necessary I mixed
up some JB Kwik Weld, cleaned the surfaces, and with my finger swiped a film
of the JB Weld around the edge of the plug.  No more leak.

I've heard there are those that do this as a standard installation
procedure.

REF: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/cooling/cool_105.htm

Larry Hoy