re:exhaust system

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:exhaust system
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 18:43:24 EDT
Kelvin:

The ultimate MGB exhaust system already (nearly) exists..the Peco 2" single
muffler system, including header, is the best I've ever dealt with in all of my
MGB ownership, which dates unbroken back almost 30 years and quite a few
cars. It performs, it fits very well, and it's durable. If you can do better
more
power to ya...and with that in mind a couple of ideas...

Given that you can meet or beat the Peco in performance, here's my ideas..

First, use round twin tips like the old Anso systems did. It looks cool and
has a time-honored brit-car tradition. (see TR4-6, etc)
Second, slanted is better.. sounds better and deflects gasses down away from
the car and passerbys
Third...use a material and finish that can be kept looking good without a lot
of grief...
Fourth: make it 3 piece...one from header to muffler, the muffler to tip, and
the tip separately attached.
And finally, don't paint it that ghastly Red that Peco uses...

IF you can do all of this and find a way to make it easier to bolt up to the
^^*((%*()$% body mounts for the hangers I'll be first in line.

john
66mgb, 69mgb, 67 tr4a project, 2 XJ6's, etc