Re: Wires vs. Disc

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wires vs. Disc
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 04:24:24 +1030
WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/07/2004 10:17:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:
>
> They  were lighter, yes, but the
> other big big point was their stiffness.   With wire
> wheels, the spokes would be loose after a race.

I changed from wire wheels because I broke and loosened spokes each time
I took her out.  The expense in repairing and maintaining the
spokes/wheels was silly (and the safety factor came into play, too).

Just to prove that I DID have her out on the track on wire wheels:
http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/mallala/nov6_99.html
and you can see what a VERY standard 'B handles like when thrown around
a racetrack - how on Earth I kept her on the track handling like that, I
don't know... but the speeds were pretty down on what she does now, anyway.

I really must update that website - it is now about two years out of
date :-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII