Re: voltage stabilizer?

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: voltage stabilizer?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:13:28 +0100
Possibly, although if I watch carefully I have always been able to see the
gauges move slightly on both my cars.  Slightly and slowly does indicate it
is coming from the 'stabiliser' (an amusing term).  If the normal indication
was *above* where it was dipping down to it implies dirty contacts, was the
car unused for a long time?  If the normal registration point was *below*
where it was rising to it implies a sticking contact or a loose ground
connection, the latter I would normal expect to give erratic high readings
rather than a consistent rise and fall.

PaulH.