Maryland Monsoons

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maryland Monsoons
From: "Marc Siegel" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:41:45 -0400
Here in Maryland last Wednesday, we had some torrential rains. There was so
much water coming across my property that it actually flooded my garage.
There were things floating in the two & a half inches of water, so I raised
the door, which happens to be on the low side, and a Tsunami rolled out,
taking all kinds of things with it... A quite strange sight it was, watching
boxes, pans, bottles, etc, floating out the door and down the driveway. Some
landscaping timbers were actually washed out of the garden area!

I've gotten everything dried out, which took several days and some quite
large fans. Unfortunately my MIG welder fund got tapped for a dehumidifier
instead...

My 80 B with overdrive now has a very pronounced squeaking when in moving in
reverse, but ONLY when the clutch is engaged. It definitely sounds like it's
coming from the rear.

Hopefully this can be cured with a grease gun... Driveline and rear end
stuff is something I haven't yet ventured into, aside from locating the odd
grease nipple once or twice a year. Any thoughts as to what to look for
cheerfully received!