OFF TOPIC-trailering a car on a dolly

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OFF TOPIC-trailering a car on a dolly
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:02:50 -0500
Sorry for the "bomb", but I figure there are many of you out there that have
"been there, done that".
We're moving my son from Missouri to Oregon for grad school at U of O. We've
decided that we can fit everything he needs to take in the bed of the 2001
Dodge 3/4 ton diesel and we're going to tow his Chevy Cavalier. I've found a
two wheeled car dolly for $450 that I'm going to go get tomorrow. I asked
the owner if it is titled and licensed and he said the dolly doesn't need to
be licensed or titled, only the car that it is towing. He said you can get a
dolly titled, but it is difficult. We live in Missouri.
Is this guy feeding me a line, or is this true?
BTW, We've been out of the country for the past month and the 67 hadn't been
driven for over a month and a half. I took it for a 150 mile, top down jaunt
today in 97 degree heat and it purred like a kitten. There's the MG
content:-).
Thanks,
Monte
          79B, Carmine