Re: MGA panel supplier recommendation

To: barneymg@MGAguru.com, markl@tibco.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA panel supplier recommendation
From: Lbcnut@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:09:53 EDT
I bought a early MGB strap gas tank from him.  At first appearance, it looked
to be well made and a good buy.  However, when it came time to install it,
the mounting brackets for the straps were off enough to make it difficult to
fit.  The car is not yet on the road but when it came time for a test drive, it
took almost 6 gallons before there was any sign of gas flow.  I do not know for
sure yet, but I am pretty confident that it is a bad fuel pickup.  If so, I
am out 200 bucks for a piece of metal that I can't use.  I am on the east coast
so there is no finacially practical way to have boiled out and shipped back.
My two cents, James