RE: Fuel tank restoration

To: "'G.G. Causey'" <ggcausey@net-venture.com>,
Subject: RE: Fuel tank restoration
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:45:20 -0400
I will add to this that on the tanks where the pickup is fixed into the
tank, sometimes they are just clogged and there isn't much you can do about
it short of cutting the tank open or replacing it.

For the purposes of trivia I actually weighted the crap that came out of my
tank in the V8.  This is a tank that was in perfect condition except for the
metal bottle of brake fluid that rusted through in the trunk and perforated
a section of the trunk over the years.  I cut the top off the tank and
sanded it clean inside.  After sufficient evaporation of the water used for
safety, the dry pile of crap weighed nearly 2.5 pounds, and as I said this
was a good tank.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer