Fuel pump installation

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <MG_Midgets@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Fuel pump installation
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rick@stoolhead.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:24:05 -0500
Hello Friends,
   This weekend I hope to get an electric fuel pump installed
on my Midget 1500.  The mechanical pump is failing and I
just like the electrics.  The pump in question needs to be
installed at the tank end.  That is, it is more of a fuel PUSHER
than a puller.  The options are: behind the axle or ahead of the
axle.  The fuel line goes up and over the arch so the desirable
position is behind the axle.  That position will require that I bolt
the pump through the sheet metal into the trunk.  I can do that,
putting the screw heads in the trunk and nuts and washers on
the other side.  That will look closer to stock.  Experience tells
me to put rubber washers between the pump and the sheetmetal
to minimize vibration.  That prevents really tight attachment so I
will use NyLoc nuts on the screws and just snug them up.
   So there you have part one of my rebuilding weekend.  Parts
two and three involve restringing the weed-eater and replacing
the blade on the mower.  Yuck!  I guess one out of three ain't
bad.

rick