TD Seats

To: "List MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Seats
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:34:00 -0400
Had my TD seats redone.  New covers, new seat frames, the old ones had
just rotted to dust.  Bound up the springs in the seat back.
The problem is the seat now sits up so high that my head sticks up
about three inches above the window frame.  They one thing that was
done, when the seats frames were rebuilt they used regular 3/4
plywood.  I thought at the time it was nice and strong not like the
little thin piece that came out.
I wonder if I could have the foam cut down or find a piece of the real
thin wood for the seat bottom or both.  I don't think the seat will
smash down enough even though my considerable size is putting a lot of
pressure on it.
Currently I am driving with the windscreen laid down and wearing
goggles.  Kind of neat for now.
Mike