spark issues

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: spark issues
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rick@stoolhead.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:54:09 -0500
Hello gang,
Mt '76 Midget has spark issues.  Plugs 1 and 4
are much weaker than 2 and 3 resulting in failed
sparks and therefore misses.  I suspect that
there is a problem with the Pertronix Ignitor.
Everything else is new.  The process occured BEFORE and AFTER replacing
coil, cap, rotor, plug and coil wires and primary wiring.
Evidence?  My timing light has an inductive
pick-up.  On plug wires 2 and 3 it fires perfectly.  On 1 or 4 it is
intermittant, at best.
Confusing, right?!
Your opinions would be appreciated.

Rick
PS: '76 Midget, conventional ignition except for
the Ignitor