RE: MGB tail light question

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB tail light question
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:51:22 -0700
The assemblies must be changed as a unit.  The lenses will not
interchange.

The early car also has a smaller cutout in the body, so this must be
enlarged if you are putting the later assembly into an earlier car.  The
early assemblies will drop into the later car, tho'.

I learn't this when I had to replace the Left rear fender assembly on my
1970 MGB and the only used fender I could find was an early one.

p.s. if you intend to use the earlier lamp assembly on your race car, I
would strongly recommend some extra fastening system for the lenses.
The early lenses have a tendency of falling off the car, or can be
knocked off when the car is in the paddock.  I ended up drilling my
lenses and backing plates and using safety wire to attach them.

Kelvin.