Re: ZB Magnette electrics

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ZB Magnette electrics
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:47:45 -0500
Thanks to all for the advice. I think I'm in business again. I've cleaned up
most of the dodgy wiring left over from the PO. I've regained the use of the
wipers, horns, and turn signals, but still don't have stop lights or a
working clock (of course, the Magnette clocks never worked after the cars
got out of sight of Abingdon).

I reversed the ammeter hookups and it appears to behave correctly now, and I
have a fresh battery. I am thinking that this car was converted to neg.
earth and then converted back when they added a positive ground Pertronix
Ignitor, but didn't re-reverse the ammeter wires.

Cheers,

David