Re: Starting problems (79 B) - solved!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starting problems (79 B) - solved!
From: "Keith G." <k2@gernertzone.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:23:50 -0400
On 23 Jul 2004 at 7:56, my frustrated self wrote:

> So I finally get the carb rebuilt and back on the car, hook up the
> battery and turn the key, and -- nothing.  In several attempts there
> was a sound something like a grinding (that's the closest term I can
> think of for it), but most of the time there is no noise.  Sounds
> like an electrical problem (duh) but I don't know where to start on
> this.  Any help appreciated.

Solved!  Thanks to those who responded.  AI was assuming the battery
was fine because it had recently worked well.  That will teach me!  A
quick run to AutoZone to have it tested showed it was indeed the
culprit.  With the new battery the B started right up.  I was
thrilled to have it running again.

Thanks again to those who offered advice.  This list is a terrific
resource, especially to a so-so mechanic like myself.
--
Keith Gernert
79 MGB