Re: bleeding clutch

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bleeding clutch
From: "Martin Libhart" <libhart@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:47:45 -0500
Removed the clutch slave cylinder today to put a new kit in it and also
replace the hose.  The clutch master cylinder was fine and required no kit,
but most of the fluid did drain from the master while I performed the slave
cylinder work.  Now I can't get the master cylinder to prime and fill.  I
have fluid at the slave bleed nipple, but very little pedal pressure.  I can
fill the reservoir and it will slowly drain down thru the bleed nipple when
the nipple is open, so fluid is getting from the master to the slave - just
NOT UNDER ANY PRESSURE.

Any tips from those that have had similar experience?

Martin Libhart
77 B
72 B/GT