Re: TR8 4 sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR8 4 sale
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:52:59 EDT
In a message dated 05/08/2004 1:17:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

The
TR8 was one of the last gasps of British Leyland to produce
a  sports car that could compete with the Japanese or  the
Corvette.

____________________________________
 HAHAHAHA.....sorry, it was just the thought of a TR8 and a Corvette.
The TR-8 is more powerful relative to other British sports cars, but the
roaring 135 bhp engine hardly puts it up in the realm of real performance cars.

In fact it is fairly sedate - not what it could have been with the SD1  engine.

But then I thought about it and the 1980 'Vette was limp as hell too -
between 175 and 230 bhp depending on engine option. A far cry from a car that
deserves the name 'Corvette', to be sure.

I've driven both cars and I guess there really isn't all that much to  choose
between them - and the TR gets better mileage!

Bill
But then if you think

Check out the new British Cars Forum: