RE: TD brake light..more info

To: "'Roger Wilt'" <rdwilt@pol.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TD brake light..more info
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 21:01:59 -0500
Just on the odd chance that the switch is still the culprit, try checking
the resistance between each of the two switch contacts and ground (battery
disconnected). If there was an internal short in the switch to ground, it
could cause the symptoms you describe. Since the tail lamps aren't fused, it
could cause the lights to go out when the brakes are applied.

Again, it's a long shot, but worth a 30 second test.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer