TD Carbs Leak No More, For Now....

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Carbs Leak No More, For Now....
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:21:27 -0400
Sat here and fiddled with the little forks and set them as prescribed in the
shop manual.  Noticed that one of them would hang up, it dropped down so far
as to allow the little valve piece to fall out.  I swapped them from one
bowl top to the other and also took my little wooden dowel rod and bent ever
so slightly on the back of the fork, on the tab between the two slots and
that seemed to stop it from hanging up.  I think in the near future will
order new innards for the float bowls. I have bent and pushed on these
pretty good.  So far they are not leaking and the car idled very nicely.

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement.  I now have 50 percent of
the MG fleet up and running and hope to have the MGA on the mend in a few
days.  Found a guy that lives just around the corner from me that rebuilds
starters etc.

Mike R

Check out the new British Cars Forum: