Disk brake dust cover bolt size question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Disk brake dust cover bolt size question
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:08:24 EDT
Greetings,

As Hurricane Charley heads for us here in D.C., I am blocked in my attempt
to return my front end to the original shock configuration by a lack of
information on the bolts used to attach the dust covers.  The covers were
deleted
due to the configuration of the tube shock attachment hardware.  I  bought some
used covers and want to use them, but the bolts are no longer there,  Moss
has no information about the correct size, although they say  they probably
stock whatever I need in their hardware  section.
Fine thread bolts from the local hardware store don't work; the 1/4" is too
small, 7/16" too large.  Can anyone tell me the right size--is it  9/32"?--
and, even better, does anyone have eight of these things?  Or  are English fine
sizes different from US dimensions, so that it might be a  7/16"?

Thanks,

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang