Roadster screen

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster screen
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:32:41 +0100
The bad news is I have to replace the screen (the good news is that finally
I may be able to stop the leaks between glass and rubber/rubber and frame).

Between the two bolts that hold the frame in the body there is a Pozidrive
screw, what does this do?  Does it hold some kind if clamping bar in place?
Does it need to be slackened to ease the adjustment when refitting?  It is
14 years since I last removed and refitted the screen and I can't remember
if I touched the screw or not.  Porter shows it removed in picture RSR1 on
page 38 when pointing out the screen mounting bolts but doesn't mention the
screw.  I'm concerned that if it is holding a clamping bar in-situ and I
remove it at the same time as the screen bolts then the bar may move out of
position.  I'm expecting to do this with the dashboard in-situ (UK tin
dash), I have been able to remove the main bolts, although curiously enough
only by removing the fuel gauge and overdrive switch and going in the
through the gauge hole on the RHS, I can do it with the glovebox in position
on the left.

TIA,
PaulH.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: