Re: Fuse location...

To: "Rick Lindsay" <rick@stoolhead.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuse location...
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:12:40 +0100
On a schematic for a 78-80 I have seen there is no extra in-line fuse, but
on your car?  Who knows what a PO might have done?  From the fusebox there
are two separate green wires feeding the brake light switch and the turn
flasher via the hazard switch.  These could be in the same spade connector
and not making a decent connection with the fusebox spade, but in that case
things like the screen washers, wipers and some instruments wouldn't be
working either as they are on the same circuits.  You could well have two
separate problems.  The hazard switch is frequently the cause of non-working
turn flashers, try flicking it on and off a few times.  The brake light
switch wiring has its own bullet connectors, test both sides of the green on
those for 12v, and the feed to that is direct off the electric washer motor.
But that is getting a bit detailed, you really need a 76 schematic as it
could well be different.

PaulH.