Bonnet release cable

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonnet release cable
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:47:40 -0700
I have had three bonnet(hood) release cables break on me.  Usually after
about 10-12 pulls.  The problem is the outer coiled wire sheath pulls out
of the crimp at the handle end.   I have now bought a stock Canadian Tire
cable which they offer as a generic choke/hood cable.  Problem is I cannot
get to the engine side of the bulkhead to tighten up the nut without taking
out the brake servo/clutch big thing. I am thinking of making a stand-off
bracket inside the cockpit which would allow mounting from the
inside.  Very simple and easy to get at.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Barrie Robinson
barrie@look.ca

Check out the new British Cars Forum: