MGA Crankshaft pulley

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Crankshaft pulley
From: Ron Engelhardt <hardt@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:58:10 -0700
  I've been hearing a light jangling noise from my engine (58 MGA 1500)
for a short while but could never pinpoint. Feeling ambitious yesterday
I decided to locate it. Turns out that the crankshaft pulley is composed
of two halves riveted around a central hub. The rivets have loosened
ever so slightly allowing the two halves to jangle. It's still on the
car so it's hard to tell just what's up.

Questions for the group: Is it in danger of separating completely
(doesn't look likely) or can I "grapes of wrath" it somehow until
driving season slows down enough so I can get to it. Alternatively, does
anyone have a spare they would like to sell.

Ron Engelhardt
58 MGA
Santa Rosa, Ca.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: