Re: Are my tyres too old?

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Are my tyres too old?
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
They are too old and I am thinking you may want to find a tire more up to the
car as it is now powered. There are some very good tires out there that People
can direct you to. I know that Yokohama makes a very popular performance tire
for MGs but I will let others tell you on those and others. 8-10 years is too
old considering how cheap new tires can be.
Sumitomo HTR200
Yokohama Avids have been mentioned. you could search the www.tirerack.com site
and read the reviews on other tires.
Carl

Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> wrote:
I put Star (Goodyear cheapies????) 185/70 14 M+S 88T tyres on my 1970 on
MGB GT some 8-10 years ago and I now have a Rover V8 sitting in it.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: