Hurrican Frances!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hurrican Frances!
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:02:44 -0700
Thursday noon:
Here we go again!
Looks like the present track will involve us. That's the present threat
but who knows. We are in SpringHill/Brooksville West coast area north of
Tampa. We are supposed to head north for a Virginia wedding before
continuing up to Watkins Glen for the Collier Cup event. Plan was to
leave early today(Thursday) but that didn't happen. Probably miss
wedding and that stinks
We are pushing back our departure as we are concerned about leaving our
pet in a kennel. Got info on the kennel from the owner that it has been
built to meet "hurricane" standards so if we go that is of great
comfort, but still... Miami and the east coast just got evacuation
notices so that will fill I-95 and I-75, routes into Georgia and places
north.
Aside from minor precautions there is really nothing else we can do at
this time but pray!  We got lucky with Charley's track and escaped
unscathed. Can we do it again?? Hopefully, the odds and a cold front
push it out of our way and all others up the eastern seaboard. It's
track will either follow us if we get out on time or be ahead of us as
we follow behind. Not a good outlook either way.
Garage has stout hurricane doors so I hope that will offer safety to the
3 MG's cowering behind it.
No one in our community has been seen throwing shutters, plywood or
tape( yeah, right) on the windows so we are all in a state of denial.
 If we stay, we figure we could at least temporarily put plastic over
any broken windows right after to minimize water damage since we'd be
away almost 2 weeks and a lot more rain could  do more damage.  I don't
know. It's a frustrating feeling of helplessness. Never endured this
before , hope never to again.
Good Luck to anyone else out there and we hope you are not in harm's way.
Dave Houser

Check out the new British Cars Forum: