RE: mgb armrests

To: <CraigFaubel@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mgb armrests
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:59:08 -0700
Craig:

I installed arm rests from an Austin Marina in my 70 MGB years ago.
They were much more comfortable than the 73+ design, but might be a bit
tight if you are amply built.

The arm rests in my TR8 look like they are the same as the Marina, so
TR7/8 might be an option.  When I installed them on the 70 I used one of
the original mounting screw holes (can't remember which one) and then
drilled through the door panel into the steel and used a self tapping
screw for the other.  This wasn't the best idea, as the self tapping
screw would tend to work loose.  Installing a nutsert would be a better
idea.

Any armrest can be recovered.  Worst case, you may have to carefully
strip the vinyl from the foam.  The Moss Motors custom panel kits come
with a sewn leather cover for the armrests which I've seen fitted very
well.  The tip is to install the leather damp and mould it to the base.

Hope this helps.

Kelvin.