Re: powder coating

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: powder coating
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:55:37 -0700
I think we just went through this issue the week before last...

First, your wheels would have to be perfectly clean and stripped of all
paint.

If you keep them assembled and powdercoat them, you will never be able to
adjust or replace a spoke again (seriously shortening their useful
lifetime).

If you dismantle them to powdercoat just the rim (as you suggest), then you
will have to reassemble them from scratch, and have them "trued". Just this
step will cost you more than a brand new set of painted wires. With the
stripping cost and the powdercoating cost, I would be pretty sure it would
be cheaper to buy a new set of chrome wires.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

Check out the new British Cars Forum: