Re: Electrical short question

To: todd.s.taylor@lmco.com
Subject: Re: Electrical short question
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:01:38 -0400
  It is a heater device to improve cold-starting and to reduce carb
icing.
  My 1975 B was driven in Maine for a couple of winters.  When the wire
would fall off, as it did from time to time, morning starts were
difficult, then the carb would ice and engine stall.   Best starting at 0
F temps and below was achieved by switching on ignition for 20 seconds or
so for this heater to heat, setting the auto choke, then cranking.
   One assumes that there is a thermostat in the unit so that it is not
warming the mixture once the ambient air temp reaches a certain temp, but
I have not seen anything written about that.
Bob

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:45:02 -0400 "Taylor, Todd S"
<todd.s.taylor@lmco.com> writes:
> I found my short,  the wire came off up by the carburetor for the
> coil or whatever it is between the Z carb and the manifold.  The wire
was
> sitting on the manifold to ground..
>
> Don't ask me how I found it.  It was just laying there......thanks
> for all the help to any one who responded...  I knew it was something
> stupid..
>
> What's that thing for any way , heats up the gas or fumes??

Check out the new British Cars Forum: