Re: Leaf spring compatibility

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <hardt@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: Leaf spring compatibility
From: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:08:28 -0700
Ron,
After fitting new leaf springs to my MGB GT, I would
recommend that you buy a pair of new springs and the get the
best ones you can find.  The ones I got were made in the UK
but must have been poor quality, as they resulted in my car
listing to one side.  I got a replacement spring for the one
spring that was weak but even that didn't get my car level
again.  I ended up having the weak spring  re-arched.  What
a hassle.
Don Scott
1962 MGA
1973 MGB GT
1991 Miata BRG

>>> Ron Engelhardt <hardt@sonic.net> 9/26/2004 6:01:36 PM

I was out on a club ride today when my driver's side leaf
spring broke.
We tried to "grapes of wrath" repair it but in the end I
had to suffer
the ignominy of a tow. Anyway, one of the guys has a bunch
of MGB leaf
springs but nobody was sure of compatibility with the MGA.
I'll throw
the question out to the list, will they work or should I
look elsewhere?

Ron Engelhardt
58 MGA
Santa Rosa, Ca.