RE: Carb spacers

To: "Marc Siegel" <smarc@abs.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Carb spacers
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:22:05 -0500
Marc:

You could hot-glue them to a piece of wood to use as a handle, then run them
through a bandsaw - I'd think that would get a pretty clean cut.  I wound up
buying the thinner spacers (Moss part 372-325, I believe), even with the
conical K&N filters, and then grinding the heat shield to prevent the linkage
from hanging up because of the reduced clearance.

I think the spacers were 1/2 the thickness of the original ones, whatever that
was.

--Steve (1980 MGB)