RE: Tube shocks on MGC

To: <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Tube shocks on MGC
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:49:53 -0700
You need to re-think the whole shock thing.  Moving the mounting point will
not give the shock more travel, unless you have the wrong shocks on the car
(too long).  The travel is dictated by the rest of the suspension, not the
shock.

The most common complaint I've seen about tube shocks is the rough ride.
Which, by the way, does not contribute to better handling in an MGB.  The
softer the rear, the better the handling.

If you want greater distance between the mounting points you can also turn
the lower shock absorber brackets over.

If you modifiy the mounting points so the shock sits at a greater angle the
ride will soften.

Larry Hoy