Rod and Spanner T-shirts

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rod and Spanner T-shirts
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:12:08 -0800
A few years back there was discussion of an SOL logo, and one was
drawn up based in part on the "crest" of a house that Paul Kile and I
shared in college, "The Rod and Spanner".  So, while this post isn't
directly british car, or MG related, it's something that I think at
least a few of you would be interested in.

One of my long time goals has been to drive in a 24 hour race. As you
may know I was invovled in an unsuccessful attempt last year. This
year, it looks a lot better, and despite some setbacks, we are putting
together a team http://red4est.red4est.com/enduro/ to run the 25 hour
enduro at Thunderhill Dec 4 & 5.

Since we need team t-shirts anyways, we will be making a few extra to
sell to raise a few extra dollars. I've set up a primitive page at
http://red4est.red4est.com/rodandspanner/buystuff/ with a few paypal
buttons.

Unfortunately, due to various setbacks, we didn't know for a fact that
this was going to be happening until a few minutes ago, and we need to
order the T-shirts by tomorrow.  We'll be selling T-shirts for $20,
$23 for XXL and XXXL (if available), and we'll be selling raincoats
for $50.  Shipping is $4 per order.  I don't insist on being paid via
paypal, I'm happy to take a check or cash in person, if you are likely
to see me in person in the very near future. If you'll be making
alternate arrangements, please contact me directly, and let me know
what you want, what size, shipping address and how and when you'll
pay.

If you are interested in following the preparations for the race, or
being involved, you can sign up at the Rod and Spanner Racing mailing
list on yahoo groups at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rsracing

If you're interested in finding out more about the car, or reading
about some of it's past races: http://www.red4est.com/miata

I apologize for the severely short notice, I didn't want to post this
before I knew for a fact that we'd be entering.

I also apologize for this being a bit off topic, but there is
definitely a historical connection between the Rod and Spanner and
British Sportscars.

--
Larry Colen             lrc@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc
      online resume at: http://www.red4est.com/lrc/resume.html