Windshield Seal Stumper

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Windshield Seal Stumper
From: RobertS355@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:59:11 EST
I'm replacing the seals on the windshield of a '63 MGB (just the outside,
didn't take the whole thing apart). The pillar seals have me stumped. There's a
metal strip that slides into the rubber seal. It is fastened to the pillar by
two small screws about and inch inside seal. I cut the old one to get them out
but can't figure out how you get a screwdriver in there to fasten the new
ones. Does heating the seal help and allow sufficient stretching to get a
screwdriver in there? Any suggestions appreciated.

Bob Scardamalia