Mastercylinder

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mastercylinder
From: "bill king" <bilking@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:03:28 -0500
The MGA uses a hydraulic cylinder with a bore of .875".  The Moss website
has the following information:

1500 and 1600 master cylinders are identical except for the covers. The 1500
master cylinder, #180-670, includes the correct 1500 cover.  Some cars may
be found with Sprite/Midget 3/4" bore master cylinders. Measure your
cylinder bores before ordering internal parts!

What are the implications of the smaller bore?  I can see longer brake pedal
travel and potential issues with clutch release unless a downsized slave is
installed.  Am I correct or off base?  I ask because I am considering going
to individual hydraulic cylinders for the clutch and brakes with a dual
circuit for the brakes.

Best,
Bill King
'59 MGA