Re: Only 42 miles on the clock

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Only 42 miles on the clock
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:28:11 +1030
Eric Erickson wrote:

> Check this out guys!
>

>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2030&item=4508033866&rd=1

Sorry about the rushed post :-)  Had to rush out of the office -
otherwise I may also have been able to figure out a way to stop the URL
from wrapping so badly, too (oh well, we are all smart enough to copy
and paste it in two parts).

This is the "museum piece" or "collectors item" that sits in the MG
place where I get my car seen to when necessary - in fact, where I
BOUGHT my car some six/seven years ago.  It is truly amazing to see such
an original example of the art.  This is exactly as it would be if you
walked into the car yard to buy it new and I often use it to compare
with other LE's that have been restored.

Now, if it was a pre-70 'B I would have a hard time keeping my hands off
it but I am sure someone wants this model car.  The only hassle is you
would want to drive it and add any more miles on the clock... the
ULTIMATE TRAILER QUEEN??

I suppose it would be a crime if it didn't take out every car show it
was entered in for its class?  Hmmm, I haven't asked but I don't think
it has ever been entered or they would have mentioned it.  Any concours
judges out there able to tell me how they would judge this car?

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII