RE: Top Removable Frame

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Top Removable Frame
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:41:27 -0800 (PST)
--- Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oh, they used a permanently-attached top?? I always thought it was
> removable, it doesn't look like there is enough room to store it
> behind the seats....

There's actually quite a bit of room behind the seats, but
unfortunately the top doesn't stow in a way that makes very
efficient use of it.  It sort of ends up running diagonally
from the upper rear of the compartment to the front edge of
the battery cover.  If you fold it carefully you can stuff
a couple windbreakers around it, but that's about all.
I loved the stow-away top on my MGB.  It left lots of stowage
space on top of the battery cover, and with the tonneau
cover in place nobody suspected there way anything back
there (cops *or* robbers!).

=====
David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com