OT: '89 Jag XJ6

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: OT: '89 Jag XJ6
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:25:30 -0600
Parents of a guy I know have a 1989 Jag Vanden Plas XJ6 with 104K
miles.  I was told it had a water leak and had water coming out the
tail pipe.  So definitely at least a head gasket, maybe worse.

In your opinions, being British car drivers, and possibly 2nd car Jag
owners, assuming best case scenario and it's a gasket, and if the car
is in decent condition otherwise, would it be worth my time and $3000?
Obviously, a ring job would be a future expense.

Just curious.  I'm not quite ready to sell my reliable car make this
the family truckster, but Jags are pretty cool.

Kevin