Re: Turn signal "gels"

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Turn signal "gels"
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:44:15 -0800 (PST)
--- Jim Cummings <jimcummngs@comcast.net> wrote:

> Indeed Gels used to be made of colored gelatin on cellulose sheet,
> and can still be ordered that way from some suppliers.
> The better material is now colored polyester sheet - more fade
> resistant and more heat resistant

Well, today I tried an experiment.  I pulled out a couple
recently-acquired sheets of Lee Filters gels, cut some
snippets off, and dropped them in a glass of warm water.
They didn't melt!  Ain't newfangled technology grand! :-)
This is good news because now I can use them in the
lights on the fountain in my yard rather than paying the
exhorbitant price that Oase wants for their "underwater"
filters.

=====
David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250