'76 Mg Midget for sale in NC

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '76 Mg Midget for sale in NC
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:32:41 -0500
A friend of a friend needs to sell a 1976 MG Midget. I told him I'd pass the
word on the MG list. He's asking $1000 or best offer. (He is recently
un-employed...) It is located in central North Carolina. I have a car
trailer and am willing to help transport it for the cost of fuel (my truck
gets ~ 20mpg on diesel @ $2.00/gal)

I took a brief look-see today. It appears a mostly solid car. It has a lousy
paint job (blue). I'd rate it one step up from a brush paint vehicle! The
interior is worn but serviceable. The dash has the typical cracks on it's
top surface. It does start & stop but I didn't take it for a test drive.
The top appears almost new. The body appears straight, the floors and outer
sills are solid. There is some minor rust in front of the left rear wheel
arch. I don't think it is too major. He did tell me the turn signal stalk
broke and has not been repaired.

I have some photos if anyone wishes to see. Please pass the word and help
this guy sell his car and keep a decent MG 'on the road. Email me and I'll
put y'all in touch. (No financial interest...)

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://community.webshots.com/user/ghnl1961