RE: Head bolt Torque Emergency

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Head bolt Torque Emergency
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:28:58 -0700
Frank, I didn't expect that tightening the head nuts would help.  But all is
not lost.  I'm going to assume you got home....

Remove the head and examine the head gasket, the block surface, and head
surface.  You will probably be able to tell if the gasket was leaking.  I
would recommend you have the head checked for cracks also.  If it wasn't
cracked before the problem, it could very well be cracked now.  If you
discover the head is okay and it appears you had a head gasket failure just
put the head back on with a new gasket.  Be sure to change the engine oil.

I would recommend you purchase only a Felpro gasket or a Payen gasket.
Payen is available at Moss Motors, ask for it by name if you order.  Felpro
is sometimes available by special order from your local auto parts store.
However I believe Moss is your best bet.

Good Luck.

Larry Hoy