radio in '78 MGB ?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: radio in '78 MGB ?
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:15:37 -0500
The AM/FM CD player in our '78 MGB works but just adequately.

The main fault I have with it is that the radio reception is poor. As
distance from the station (tower?) increases we can barely receive the
signal. The radio in my '99 F250 is better and the radio in my wife's '96
Sebring is better still.

So, my query is - are there some model radios that are better at receiving
signals? How do I ascertain which model radio would be better than another
in this regard?

Or is there a way to improve the reception from the radio we have? (I
replaced the antennae and made sure it had a clean connection to ground
where it mounts in the left, front fender.)

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://community.webshots.com/user/ghnl1961