3rd brake lights

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 3rd brake lights
From: "S. Allen" <sallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:06:25 -0500
O.k., I've held off saying anything but I sorta started this by
accidentally cross-posting my comments on a discussion over on the
T-list here.

I put Moss's 3rd light on my T, and there's been a HUGE difference.

The '52 has teeny, tiny brake lights mounted low on the fenders and
invariably cars come charging up behind me only to back off when they
realize I was slowing down and they weren't.  Now, I'm no longer a
young man, and there's lots of scary things I've done in previous
lives, but seeing the grill of an SUV rush up to you in a t-type's
scuttle mirror in my book ranks right up there with jumping out of a
plane and realizing that the pretty lights on the ground are gunfire.

Seriously, the SUV grill in a T-type rearview thing has a pucker
factor of like 9 or so.

Like I said, I'm no longer a young man, but I'm too young to be having
a heart attack, so I put a 3rd brake light on it and haven't heard the
squeal of someone's wheels behind me since.

Now I also have a BGT and I never had this problem.  However, the
brake lights are much bigger and they're mounted on top of the fenders
so maybe MG figured this one out.

My 2p

Scott Allen
52 TD