Re: electricals

To: "Jim Sylvester" <jim.sylvester@comcast.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: electricals
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:47:06 -0000
Do they glow continuously or not at all?

If continuously then probably the flasher unit has failed, although if it is
anything like an MGB it could be bad connections anywhere between the turn
switch and the battery.

If not at all, then do you know where the turn flasher is located?  Does it
have just two terminals?  If so link them together.  If the lights *now*
glow continuously, then it is definitely the flasher unit failed.

If still not then another common cause is the hazard switch, which in its
*off* position supplies power to the turn flasher.  Generally they are so
rarely used that the contacts can get gummed up with hardened grease,
sometimes flicking the switch on and off a few times will start them
working, in which case it is a good idea to open up the switch (in a poly
bad to catch all the bits) clean out the old grease and put in some fresh.

Other than that the diagram probably would be needed.

PaulH.