RE: Carpet Question

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>,
Subject: RE: Carpet Question
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:23:07 -0800
The "Amco" mats are exact replicas of the ones supplied by many US
dealers when the cars were new.  They are specific to the application.

For the Bs. There are two versions, one for the non-synch cars and one
for the later all synch footwell.

They are slightly oversize, so roll up the edges of the frame rails
slightly.  They are made from VERY thick heavy rubber.

Back in my scrap yard days, we used to pull 15 year old original ones
out of cars and reuse them, they just don't wear out.

Not as nice as carpet for the back of the heel, but if you drive the car
in the wet they are un-beatable.

Your material sounds like it would be the ticket for quieting the car.
Now you just need a supercharger to offset the added weight.  : )

Kelvin Dodd