Re: Engine Colour

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Colour
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:03:31 EST
In a message dated 31/01/2005 2:33:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

Moss has sourced this paint from the same company for lo these  many
years and as the flurry of e-mails verifies it should be the  correct
deep Maroon color.  The T series paint is a brighter Red  color.

____________________________________

Thanks, Kelvin. The can in question having  been incorrect, I shall use brand
new Moss paint for the redo.
____________________________________

Oh, and I believe that all MGB engines should be painted  Maroon.  Just
because the factory ended up painting the engines black  is no reason to
slavishly follow their design.  THE FACTORY WAS NOT  PERFECT!!!  That is
almost as bad as not fitting a sway bar to the  1975-76 MGB, because the
factory didn't!     Sorry, my  personal biases slipping out.  I
personally believe that any MGB after  1967 should be built as a "best of
all worlds" MGB.

I agree - the 1968 was arguably best of the  line with all synch trans,
though I like the 67. Anything after 1974 should be  buried in a deep hole
along
with all Austin Marinas ;-)

Bill